Membership ApplicationStep 1 - Please complete the application form below.
PayPal is currently down so please make you $15 (yearly) payment directly into our account:
Italian Greyhound Club of Western Australia
Please use your Facebook name as the reference.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- “IGCWA” is the official abbreviation for The Italian Greyhound Club of Western Australia.
- Membership is open to all breeds of dog’s subject to On Leash Rules.
- Membership fees are due within 30 days of expiry or the membership will be terminated.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Members will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
- Members must not knowingly breach the breeder’s terms of sale relating to their Italian Greyhound.
- If your dog needs to be rehomed, you will contact the Club for assistance. We do not promote or support the sale of Italian Greyhounds on the internet e.g. gumtree, except through registered breeder websites.
- Ensure that their dog is correctly collared, tagged and registered as per the rules of WA.
Appropriate use of social media;
- Members must not promote or advertise the sale of any dogs on the IGCWA website or Facebook page
- Members must not promote or advertise the sale of any items without prior permission from the Committee, and;
- The product or service must be in some way dog or Iggy related,
- Only one advertisement a week may be placed,
- You must be a financial member to advertise.
- Keep discussions relevant to the subject.
- Be careful and considerate when discussing things where emotions run high.
- Show respect for others’ opinions and use good manners.
- No nudity or swearing.
- The club reserves the right to edit, delete or amend any misleading or inaccurate content depicted in social media posts on its pages.
- Pet sitting requests may be posted on the Group Facebook page but the arrangements must be conducted privately offline.
- The Italian Greyhound Club of Western Australia (“IGCWA”) assumes ABSOLUTELY NO responsibility, including but not limited to injury or loss of any kind/form due to the use of information, or participating in activities found on this group/site. By becoming the member/participant of the IGCWA you agree to the terms and conditions of the IGCWA.
All information, comments and advice on the Facebook page is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. The IGCWA does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this Facebook page is strictly at your own risk.
This is including (but not limited to);
- Training methods
- Diets and food recommendations
- Pet insurance
- Suggested breeders
- Suggested ‘Pet Sitters’ or ‘Pet Minders’
- General health and wellbeing advice
- Other general advice or guidance surrounding the upbringing, training and care of your dog
Official IGCWA Events;
On Leash Rules
- All non-Italian Greyhounds must be kept on a leash and under effective control of the owner at any official IGCWA event.
- On Leash Rules
- Members can apply to have an exemption from the On Leash Policy by applying in writing to the Secretary.
- The Committee reserves the right to request a temperament test, at the Owners cost, before being granted an On Leash exemption.
- Only financial members can attend official IGCWA organised events.
- All Italian Greyhounds must be kept under owners effective control at any official IGCWA organised event.
- It is the dog owner’s responsibility to remove and dispose appropriately, of their dog’s mess.
- All dogs must be vaccinated as per the AVA Vaccination Position Statement
- Children attending an event remain the responsibility of their parents at all times.
- No Smoking at events unless a designated smoking area is provided.
- During any participation in any event or activity organized by the IGCWA the member and their pet/s may be exposed to risks including, but not limited to, the dangers of personal injury, property damage, and pet injury (“Injuries and Damages”). You agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the IGCWA, its committee, event and activity hosts and other members from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, in any way connected with the event or activity. You further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the IGCWA from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by your own actions or inactions while a participant on the event or activity. You understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any guests accompanying you on the event or activity.
Zero Tolerance to aggression and violence
- Threatening, abusive or physically violent behaviour towards another member or animal will not be tolerated from anyone under any circumstances and any member found to be behaving in this manner will result in action being taken.
Such action may include one or more of the following actions:
- Written warning
- Exclusion from the Club
- Reported to the RSPCA/Dogs West
- Being asked to leave an event
- Utilisation of security services (e.g. Police)
- Legal Action